Criminal Defense - An Overview
The criminal law attorneys of Herrick & Hart, S.C. help individuals through the criminal justice process. Herrick & Hart attorneys take on all criminal cases that are filed in State or Federal court.
Our practice includes defense of the following offenses:
- Drunk Driving
- Drug offenses
- Sex offenses
- Theft, burglary and property crimes
- Major crime offenses
- Federal crimes
- White collar crimes
Our firm represents individuals charged with all manner of drug offenses including:
- Possession of cocaine, methamphetamine, marijuana, MDPV, JWH, heroin, or THC
- Possession of paraphernalia
- Drug trafficking
- Distribution/Intent to distribute
- Owning or operation of a methamphetamine lab
- Prescription drug fraud
In order to begin the appellate process, Wisconsin requires the defendant to file a Notice of Intent to Pursue Post-Conviction Relief in the circuit court within 20 days of the sentencing hearing. Further important deadlines are contained in Rule 809.30.
Our experienced attorneys are available to provide representation to all types of criminal appeals.
Revocation of Probation, Parole, or Extended Supervision:
A person facing revocation is entitled to an attorney at the revocation hearing. Even if a person has given a statement admitting the allegations, the person can only be revoked if:
- Confinement is necessary to protect the public from further criminal activity by the offender; or
- The offender is in need of correctional treatment which can most effectively be provided if he is confined; or
- It would unduly depreciate the seriousness of the violation of probation were not revoked.
The attorneys at Herrick & Hart, S.C. will review the agent's file, interview witnesses, and examine alternatives to revocation. Our attorneys are available to represent persons through all stages of a revocation proceeding.